Home Care Packages are subsidised by the Australian Government to allow you to live independently in your own home for as long as possible. Sue Mann Nursing and Community Care is approved by the Australian Government to offer the full range of Home Care Packages (Level 1 to Level 4) from basic care needs through to high care needs.
Sue Mann Home Care Package clients are at the centre of their care – our team of professionals work with our clients and their family to identify the services and supports to best meet their needs and that are most important to them. They may include:
Nursing; wound management, medication management, diabetes management, chronic disease, dementia care
Podiatry, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, exercise physiology, speech pathology, home modifications
The above may not list everything an individual client needs, but we are committed to tailoring a package to suit them. Our Care Managers will design a package which delivers to our clients what’s most important. Extras may include – pet grooming, gutter cleaning, window cleaning, car detailing, capturing your story on video for future generations, assistance with arranging your legal affairs (Enduring Guardian, Enduring Power of Attorney, Advance Care Directive).
5 steps to accessing your Home Care Package
Sue Mann Nursing and Community Care have been providing quality in-home care to older people in our community to support them to stay in their own home for over 30 years. Our team are hand-picked for their skills, experience, and passion for care work, and with a specialty for providing professional clinical skills to support clients with high care needs, as a Sue Mann client you can be assured of the highest level of quality care, whether it be some basic support to keep you living independently at home, all the way through to complex care needs.
1. Contact My Aged Care
Either via phone on 1800 200 422 or www.myagedcare.gov.au. If your care needs indicate you may need a Home Care Package you will be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This assessment will identify the appropriate home care package level to meet your needs.
2. ACAT Assessment
An ACAT member will discuss your current situation and assess for eligibility to receive Australian Government-subsidised aged care services. Once approved, you then join the National Prioritisation Queue until a home care package become available.
3. Research Home Care Providers
You are able to choose your preferred provider who you believe best meets your personal needs.
4. Allocation of a Home Care Package
You will be allocated a Home Care Package from the National Prioritisation process and given a unique package referral code.
5. Choose your preferred Home Care provider
A Care Manager from your chosen provider will work with you in partnership to develop your personal care plan and budget.
Sue Mann key tips for choosing the right Home Care provider:
- What is the provider’s profile – experience in delivering home care and what are their specialties / points of difference?
- How long has this provider been serving the community?
- Does the HCP provider employ or broker the care workforce?
- Does the HCP provider understand the client’s key health care needs and does the provider have the appropriately skilled workforce?
- Can the HCP provider supply a ‘draft’ budget to deliver the required care and supports and demonstrate value?
- Does the HCP provider charge an HCP establishment, annual fee or exit fee?
- Will the care manager or clinical support be available after-hours to avoid unnecessary hospitalisation and provide carer support?
- Can the provider outline their care model or approach to develop and implementing the HCP?
- How does this provider ensure patient confidentiality?
- Can the HCP provider offer client testimonials?
Funding your care
There are a number of ways to fund your care and you may be eligible for subsidised care from the Australian Government.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team can assist you with identifying the best way to fund the services that meet your individual care needs.
Our door is always open, ask us today how we can help you access funded in home care.
Contact us now to find out more about our aged care packages
If you or your loved ones would like any further information about the aged care packages we provide, get in touch with us either by calling 1300 241 300 or filling out the form below.
We’ll be happy to talk you through all the services that are available and explain the options available to fund your care.